On The Wheel Superstore in Southwick are looking for a new Bike Buyer to join their fast growing team. Not only is this a lively and fun place to work but we also pride ourselves on employing people with a strong work ethic who want to excel in their role and become part of the family/furniture.
Progression within the company is encouraged, and as a fast growing business anyone who proves themselves will be given the opportunity to progress or head into other areas of the business.
About you and the role:
As the showrooms bike buyer you will be responsible for locating, assessing and negotiating all motorbike buy in's for the store, ensuring profitability on every bike. You should have a talent for spotting opportunities and the ability to research motorbikes. You will also have the ability to complete any relevant paperwork to a high standard, making sure the information is accurate and complete.
This is a fast paced, target driven role and one that requires self-motivation as you will be expected to consistently hit your targets and KPI's set by the General Manager of the store, and the Managing Director of the company.
Motorcycle and/or mechanical knowledge of brands is a necessity as this will play a vital part in successfully achieving your goals.
- Sourcing and buying used bikes to sell in our stores.
- Using your motorbike/mechanical knowledge to fully assess possible profit margins on each bike.
- Negotiating selling prices with any sellers, ensuring maximum profitability on every bike
- Researching motorcycles and new business opportunities.
- Receiving and processing card and cash payments
- Completing all paperwork to an accurate and high standard
- Collecting bikes when needed
- Cleaning bikes on site
- Excellent motorbike/mechanical knowledge
- Strong negotiation skills
- Keen eye for detail
- Drivers license
- Good IT skills (MS Office predominantly)
- Excellent social media experience
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Ability to follow procedures
Benefits of the role:
- Generous bonus structure after probation is completed
- Standard Holiday Entitlement: 28 days holiday including bank holidays. Then, after 2 years service, you will receive 1 extra holiday day for every additional year (to a maximum of 28 days + bank holiday in total
- Staff discount
- Onsite parking
- On site gym- free for employees to use. Subsidised boxing classes
- Birthday Lie-In
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Work Place Pension
- Free Fruit
- Eye Care Vouchers
Salary - £18,000.00 /year
Job Types - Full-time, Permanent
- negotiation: 1 year (Preferred)
- mechanics: 2 years (Preferred)
- buying: 1 year (Preferred)
Please apply with a CV send it to: email@example.com